Molecular Biology Research Associate APPLY NOW
AB Biosciences is seeking a research associate to join our molecular biology team and play a critical role in the company’s discovery platform. The successful candidate will be responsible for cloning and expressing of antibodies and selected CD (cluster of differentiation) proteins. This is an excellent learning opportunity of our proprietary molecular cloning methods for the candidate to generate high quality recombinant molecules in an innovative environment.
- Tissue culture, RNA sample preparation, cDNA synthesis, primer design, PCR of mammalian samples.
- Construction of expression plasmids for cloned gene
- Transient and stable transfection of mammalian cells for expression and characterization of recombinant proteins
- ELISA and immunoprecipitation analyses for protein expression and characterization
- Maintain up-to-date laboratory documentation including hard copy notebooks and electronic records
- Maintain up-to-date inventory of plasmids and cryogenic cell cultures
- Conduct other hand-on laboratory work supporting general research activities in a dynamic environment
- Master’s degree in molecular biology or related field such as genetics, cell biology, biotechnology, biochemistry
- 2+ year of laboratory experience in molecular biology with a demonstrated record
- Experience in PCR methodologies
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, molecular cloning, and ELISA analysis
- Good handwriting, clear writing and oral communication skills